We are recruiting a full-time HR Generalist to join our dynamic health care team at our Corporate Office.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- To assist the HR Business Partner/s and to act as a point of reference / adviser to the company’s employees and Management team on the whole range of HR activities including data management, promotions, resourcing, assessment and selection, learning and development, talent management, payroll and change management;
- To support the payroll process on a monthly basis and to ensure that all reports are accurate and processed in a timely manner;
- To liaise with the HR Business Partner/s in relation to the training coordination for all Steward Healthcare Hospital employees;
- To be involved in the development of Standard Operating Procedures for all internal HR processes;
- To assist the HR Business Partner/s on employee relations matters, including the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures and disciplinary / grievance cases;
- Be engaged in the various stages of the recruitment process;
- Be responsible for administrative tasks and liaise with third parties as necessary. Such duties may include, but are not limited to, employee records, remuneration records, engagements and terminations, work permits, training records, insurance and other related duties;
- To build and maintain an excellent and trustworthy working relationship with the HR and Management team;
- To support the HR Business Partner/s in the implementation of HR initiatives and changes including any implemented IT systems;
- Coordinate the analysis and compilation of statistical returns / reports / submissions;
- Assisting in the process of issuing employee contracts and follow-up;
- Keeping abreast of applicable health sectoral agreements, government policies and EIRA;
- To project a professional image of the HR Function through excellent customer service, operational effectiveness and efficiency; any other HR-related duties as may be required by higher management;
- Developing a good understanding of the HR-related GDPR requirements and assisting in ensuring compliance throughout the hospitals;
- Keeping abreast with relevant changes in standards, best practices and applicable regulations;
- Performing any further tasks as may be assigned from time to time by senior management and in line with the exigencies of the service.
The selected candidate should:
- A qualification at MQF level 5 or higher in human resources, business administration, management, social sciences or similar;
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management;
- Strong knowledge of the industry or sector the organisation is operating in;
- Strong knowledge of English and Maltese languages.
Work experience and knowledge:
- 3+ years in a management position related to human resources or similar;
- Prior supervisory or leadership experience.
Steward Health Care Malta – KMP-78775