The Project Manager is a member of the project management team which is part of the planning department within SR Technics Malta. The Project Manager is responsible for the optimal preparation, execution and completion of base and heavy maintenance projects in SR Technics Malta. He is responsible for optimised planning to improve the efficiency of the ground times and turnaround times.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of the planning phase through to delivery to invoicing. The Project Manager is directly reporting to the planning manager.
- To promote a positive safety culture and to ensure that safety and quality policy is communicated / promoted and implemented within the Organisation;
- To ensure that all elements of the SMS are properly implemented, maintained and continuously improved by fulfilling all SMS related duties and responsibilities as defined in SMS manual;
- Management of aircraft projects assigned by the Planning Manager;
- Act as the principal customer point of contact;
- Generate a strong focus on customer relationships with regular updates / liaison either through meetings, reports, email correspondence and/or telephone communication;
- Facilitate / host customer visits / workshops;
- Developing and approving of the necessary planning data for production;
- Prepare the respective Bill of Works (BOW) per project and handover to production;
- Regularly work with Planning / Operations departments to ensure that the projects under his / her responsibility are resourced appropriately;
- Responsible for compiling any necessary re-scheduling and / or recovering plans for the project/s under his / her responsibility;
- Coordination between operations and support departments within the company in regard to the project/s under his / her responsibility;
- Ensure clear communication to and with all project stakeholders on an ongoing basis by holding daily ‘shipside’ meetings, with emphasis on operational and material requirements;
- Continually monitor and report program progress to the sales and management teams;
- Create the final documentation in accordance with the contract;
- Handover the final documentation to the customer and our archiving;
- Support continuous improvement initiatives;
- Perform random quality control of the work (planning and operation);
- Execute the project core team meetings;
- Prepare and provide the Daily Ground Time Reports (DGR);
- Execute and lead the daily visual board meetings.
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a part 145 base maintenance organisation;
- Good communication skills;
- Fluency in the English language;
- Extensive knowledge of aviation regulations (EASA part 145, part 147, part 66, part 21, part M);
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent IT literacy;
- A can-do attitude.
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business.
Only direct applications will be considered.
SR Technics Malta Limited – KMP-66733