Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed credit institution that provides private banking, investment services and custody / depository services.
Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment that promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Junior Trader.
The Junior Trader will form an integral part of the Trade Desk team within the Securities and Custody department of the Bank. He / she will work exclusively in the Trade Desk department, together with the Bank’s authorized traders and will assist and support the team with their day-to-day processes whilst being the key link between the TradeDesk team and the Bank’s Settlements and Asset Servicing team, as well as the Bank’s Finance/Treasury department in relation to the team’s daily transactions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate looking to gain a wider knowledge of the trade execution process within the securities markets while contributing to the success of the business and an opportunity to develop their career.
- Setting up of securities in the Bank’s master database and effecting necessary updates;
- Ownership of the Trade Desk Email Inbox so as to co-ordinate and assist Traders with the verification of trade order instructions prior to execution to ensure that the four-eye principle is applied;
- Execution of trade order instructions (equities, bonds, FX) in line with processes set out in the Process Manual and the Trade Map;
- Follow up on pending trade orders with Bank’s counterparties and brokers;
- Booking of trade orders into Bank’s core banking system;
- Booking of FX Spot and FX Forward orders into Bank’s core banking system;
- Preparation and submission of subscription / redemption order forms with Transfer Agents;
- Build and Maintain relationships with members of the Bank’s Private Banking team;
- Daily reconciliation of outstanding Forward Contracts and monitoring of open forward contract positions, vis-à-vis Margin Requirements
- Asset reconciliations of the Bank’s records against counterparties’ records;
- Ongoing initiative to identify processes which ensure a more effective modus operandi of the Securities and Custody department;
- Resolving external and internal queries relating to trade orders;
- Attending monthly team meetings;
- Keeping abreast of all banking rules, regulations and directives issued by the MFSA / ESMA, particularly Mifid and other related bodies which are relevant to daily duties;
- Filing, scanning and saving, archiving of physical records in line with the process manual;
- Take on any necessary training that is required from time to time, including training that is required due to changes in internal processes and procedures;
- Any ad hoc tasks which may be required from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A related College or University degree and / or relevant proven work experience would be considered an asset;
- Experience in a similar role would also be considered an asset;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel;
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to plan and consistently meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate strong written, oral communication and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail;
Extensive training will be provided, specifically in the context of the TradeDesk.
Continuous growth is encouraged.
A competitive package is offered to the right candidate.
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc – KMP-72532