Sparkasse Bank Malta plc is a licensed credit institution that provides private banking, investment services and custody / depository services. Our team is formed of young, dynamic professionals who are part of an environment that promotes team spirit and rewards competence.
As a result of our continuous growth, a vacancy has arisen for a Credit and Counterparty Oversight Officer in our Network Management team within the Securities and Custody department.
The Credit and Counterparty Oversight Officer will be assisting the Senior Securities Officer with the day-to-day tasks relating, but not solely restricted, to credit facilities and counterparties ongoing due diligence requests.
The ideal candidate should have strong organizational and planning skills to effectively work within a team, be able to work under pressure so as to have the ability to deliver within agreed timeframes whilst also possessing excellent communication skills.
Credit Control Activities:
- Daily monitoring of accounts having a credit facility and implementation of credit control checks;
- Analyzing customer account status and escalating to Senior Securities Officer as required;
- Monthly preparation of credit review reports for the bank’s Credit Review Committee;
- Reviewing and preparing customer’s credit proposal based on the analysis done on the customer’s financial position;
- Responding to customer’s requests in a timely manner and in line with the credit procedures set out by the bank.
- Assist the Senior Securities Officer in the Onboarding process of new counterparty relationships, including conducting the necessary AML checks;
- Maintain and implement an ongoing review schedule of the bank’s counterparty relationships;
- Respond to day-to-day due diligence requests in a timely manner;
- General upkeep of the counterparty’s due diligence records and internal folders;
- Participate in and take minutes of the monthly team meeting.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A college or university degree and / or relevant proven work experience;
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel would be considered an asset;
- Solid knowledge of lending products and services as well as for analyzing financial statements;
- Work experience within the securities environment would be considered an asset;
- Proactive and focused attitude towards work and an ability to plan and consistently meet deadlines;
- Good command of English, written and oral;
- Analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail.
Extensive training will be provided. Continuous learning is encouraged.
An attractive remuneration package is offered to the right candidate.
Sparkasse Bank Malta plc – KMP-60054