Jobsplus Permit No: 389/2023
The Manager of the Communications Unit is responsible for building a communications strategy and marketing campaign in line with Social Care Standards Authority (SCSA).
A self-motivated employee to lead the communications team. This candidate will be responsible for producing high-quality content that engages internal and external stakeholders around the Authority’s brand image.
The Communications Manager shall be directly answerable in the performance of his / her duties and conduct to the respective Director.
The Communications Manager is responsible to:
- Plan, implement, evaluate various communication and promotional projects, events and advertising;
- Execute direct marketing campaigns and interact directly with internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintain multi-task schedules, manage the Communications unit and respect deadlines.
The key functions of the role of Communications Manager are:
- Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules;
- Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with other units within the Authority, including advertising, product development, and brand management;
- Provide training and guidance to the communications team members on social media implementation best practices and strategies;
- Coordinate collection of data and analyses interactions, and use this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns;
- Grow and expands the company’s social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increase presence on existing platforms;
- Creates and distributes engaging written or graphic content in the form of e-newsletters, website, or social media messages;
- Devise initiatives towards increasing the public’s favourable view of the Authority;
- Ensure the best media opportunities for the Authority, while devising an effective vetting process;
- Optimise media appearances and features for the Authority on radio, TV and internet;
- Contact and liaise with members of the media to set up interviews;
- Inform staff attending on media with necessary information and preparation on appearance;
- Monitor and evaluate social media and newspapers highlighting risks that might influence the Authority’s reputation;
- Organise and coordinate press conferences, conferences and seminars including local and international and any other Authority’s official events;
- Preparation of speeches;
- Compose press releases, articles, media replies and steer them through publications;
- Deliver presentations and attend media interventions on behalf of the Authority;
- Coordinating all the designs for the Authority’s materials including annual reports, flyers and merchandise items;
- Develop communication strategies for the delivery of corporate culture and business ethics to the Authority;
- Drive internal communications, by developing a range of internal publications, including newsletters, announcements, online and visual content and pre-announcement of planned publications;
- Any other duties as required by Chief Executive Officer or other employees holding a Headship position within the Authority.
- Assertive leadership skills with strong ethical values;
- Strong collaboration, verbal and written communication skills with very good reporting abilities;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise, coordinate and organise the work;
- A creative attitude, self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision;
- Eye for detail, working under pressure and must be able to respond adequately to requests from internal and external contacts;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent Managerial skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with a flexible approach.
- Communications processes with a high standard of work throughout;
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Prezi;
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
(i) Able to communicate in the Maltese and English languages;
(a) In possession of a Master’s qualification at MQF level 7 (subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent) in Communications and/or Marketing and/or Public Relations and/or Journalism, plus three (3) years relevant work experience;
(b) In possession of a Bachelor’s degree qualification at MQF level 6 (subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS/ECVET credits, or equivalent) in Communications and/or Marketing and/or Public Relations and/or Journalism, or a related professional qualification, plus five (5) years relevant work experience;
(c) Must have a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant work experience in Communications and/or Marketing and/or Public Relations and/or Journalism.
The post of Manager I (Communications Unit) carries an annual gross salary starting at €27,007.00.
- Covering letter highlighting experience;
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in Europass format;
- Scanned copy of qualifications and certificates (including transcripts); and
- Valid police certificate of conduct (issued within the last one (1) month).
All applications are to be sent by not later than 12:00 hours (noon) (Central European Time) of Friday 9th June 2023.
The SCSA shall process information provided by candidates solely for the purpose of this vacancy. In the event of unsuccessful applications, the Authority may keep applicants’ personal data on file for a period up to twelve months following the date that the post applied for was filled. Applicant’s information will only be used to identify any future employment opportunities within the Authority for which applicants may be suited. Applicants are free to withdraw their application and their consent to the retention of their personal data, at any time.
For further information, please read the SCSA’s privacy notice which can be found on our website here.
Social Care Standards Authority – HRM/1/2023