SmartCow is a rapidly growing group of companies focused on end-to-end AI engineering, working with industry pioneers and clients across the globe. Over the next few years, our group is focused on building a vast array of products (hardware and software) to cater to the growing demand for computer vision AI applications in defense, smart cities, and Industry 4.0.
We are currently a technically-focused team of around 120 staff, with our holding company and also our R&D and product development centre located in Malta. Our Indian team is engineering focused, whilst our Taiwan company specialises in hardware design. We also have companies and offices in Milan, France and Singapore. We currently employ people of various nationalities from all around the world, and are always looking to grow our workforce.
We are looking for an ambitious and forward-thinking AIoT Engineer to join our dynamic and target driven team. As part of SmartCow’s AIoT (Artificial Intelligence of Things) team, you will work with a multitude of embedded AI systems that SmartCow makes use of to fulfill our clients’ needs. From the creation and testing of new software functionalities and integration of additional hardware to the development of upcoming products, this flexible role can adapt to meet your strengths and interests.
As an AIoT Engineer, you will have ownership of one or more components that make up the products that SmartCow provides to customers. Apart from the creation of software and testing scripts, ownership also entails the writing of technical documents, providing feedback to hardware engineers and investigating alternative and elegant solutions for current issues.
The employment shall be on an indefinite basis and we are offering a salary that remunerates the skills and competences of the candidate. The individual shall be based at the company’s offices in St. Julians.
- Work closely with Embedded ARM Platforms to:
- Implement and verify new firmware features.
- Suggest and add sample applications for our development kits.
- Create sample scripts to interface with external sensors and other hardware.
- Test new pipelines and AI models to gauge their performance.
- Investigate new technologies to improve product reliability.
- Report back to relevant personnel with feedback and suggested improvements.
- Be active within the respective online communities by showcasing your achievements when using the platforms through blog posts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar fields, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with electronic hardware components and sensors.
- Experience in programming with Python and / or C/C++.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques.
- Familiarity with Linux systems.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar fields, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity embedded Linux systems.
- Experience with common communication interfaces (SPI, UART, I2C) within embedded systems.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills for software and hardware issues.
- Familiarity with version control tools (git and GitHub).
- Demostrate good judgement, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a diverse environment, as part of an international team.
Interested candidates should send an updated cv and a covering letter via the apply button below.
Smartcow AI Technologies Limited – KMP-77274