As a full-time Systems Infrastructure Engineer, your tasks may vary day-to-day but primarily will focus on customer implementations and migrations, best-of-class support for applications, technical optimization, and configuration of datacentre services. This includes performance analysis and preventative maintenance. Experience across different technologies is a plus, but not required. Training will be provided both locally and abroad.
- You will be responsible for working directly with our clients to execute projects within our network, security and systems portfolio consisting of the Microsoft 365, datacentre services and on-premises infrastructure installations including servers, storage, networking and security.
- Prompt analysis and resolution of escalated issues and problems encountered by customers. The role provides 3rd level Infrastructure support behind the Service and Operations teams.
- Managing multiple IT projects consisting of network, security and systems deployments, on time and at cost, and where necessary taking the lead in small to medium-sized projects.
- You will produce and manage client-facing documentation.
- Execute against established Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Demonstrate sound customer service and etiquette in responding to customer calls or inquiries.
- Able to install and configure Windows and Linux environments.
- Able to install and support databases environments mainly SQL.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar infrastructure engineering role.
- Good understanding of networking, infrastructure management concepts and tools including VPN, Firewalls, VMWare, Hyper-V, Linux, databases and storage.
- A good understanding of Microsoft 365 and Azure or other cloud platforms is a plus.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Mobile contract.
- Car allowance.
- On-call allowance.
- Health insurance package.
- Performance bonus.
- All the required tools allow you to do your job effectively, both at the office or remotely.
Smart Technologies Limited – KMP-59356