A vacancy for the post of Logistics Coordinator (Routing) has arisen within the Logistics department of Simonds Farsons Cisk plc. Reporting to the Distribution Manager, the selected candidate will be required to carry out those delegated duties within the functions of the department so as to provide the most efficient, reliable and timely service in support of the overall operations of the Logistics department.
The selected candidate will be required to:
- Coordinate a delivery plan with the Logistics Executive and lead the routing of all daily departures;
- Build efficient and accurate delivery routes in the routing system in order to deliver excellent and timely service to our customers;
- Deal with failed delivery situations, making the necessary arrangements with clients to provide service recovery;
- Follow up with delivery persons during deliveries, answering their queries / difficulties, providing necessary directions and monitoring the delivery progress;
- Assist the logistics management in maintaining required accurate data which may be used for the calculation of commissions and allowances;
- Carry out routine checks of the truck loading process and endorse the loading sheet confirming the products loaded;
- Assist in other areas of distribution, performing route rides and carrying out spot checks as and when required;
- Coordinate stock requirements within the warehouse, as well as for duty-free and export areas while ensuring that orders are processed on time;
- Answer customer queries related to their order status and liaise with the relevant departments to be able to apply the necessary corrective action when needed;
- Carry out the full and empties returns procedure and compile the necessary documentation needed for the delivery persons;
- Check and ensure that loads are in line with the company’s health and safety, and quality policy standards.
Furthermore, the role will require:
- A minimum of an ordinary level standard of education or equivalent;
- Be self-motivated, show initiative and be capable of working independently on multiple tasks, under minimal supervision;
- Be ICT literate;
- Be systematic and possess good communication and organisation skills;
- Relevant work experience in the logistics field will be considered an asset.
Simonds Farsons Cisk plc – KMP-75918