Our well-established and expanding Group is currently looking to recruit an Accountant to join our Finance team on a full-time basis.
As Accountant, you will be work with our Financial Controller for one or more legal entities. You will be responsible for a number of day-to-day tasks such as accounts payable, reconciliations, general ledger entries and intercompany transactions.
To accomplish your tasks, you will work closely with other functional areas of our Group.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience, and from the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor of our Finance Department.
You will also have opportunities to work on individual and team projects such as process improvements.
Duties and responsibilities
- Day to day calls and emails and team queries (Managing daily accounting functions)
- Reviewing of invoices before posting by clerk
- Reviewing Sales invoices before sending to client (GMAS)
- Upkeep of accounts schedules (excel sheets with synopsis of contracts / agreements)
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation of audit file
- Liaising with auditors during audit
- Postings of Journals where necessary
- Stock Takes
- Job costings
- Managing finance team and ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Assisting in specific assignments and projects
- NSO + other statutory surveys
- Ad hoc assistance / reporting.
- The sales team’s ambition is to surpass sales and profitability expectations and to drive fast and sustainable growth.
- Advanced level in obtaining ACCA qualification
- 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Meticulous (with an eye for detail)
- Proficient in MS Office
- Able to lead a team
Excellent working conditions
Simon J Camilleri Holdings – KMP-51836