The Siegfried Group is a Swiss-based worldwide life science company that develops and manufactures active pharmaceutical ingredients, intermediates, standard controlled substances, and ready-formulated drugs. Forming part of the Siegfried Group, Siegfried Malta Limited specialises in a high-value and innovative generic portfolio in the solid dosage form range, from bulk to final packaging including capsule filling and highly potent FDA-approved products.
As part of our efforts in strengthening the Engineering, Maintenance and SHE department, a new vacancy has arisen for a calibration expert who will be primarily responsible for the calibration and spare parts management.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the calibration area within Maintenance including scheduling, performing calibrations and verification of instrumentation according to the established standards and certifications;
- Coordinate contracts for equipment calibration to ensure service agreements and work quality standards are met;
- Generate trending of on-time and past-due calibrations. Communicate and report quality performance data. Provide input into preventative action plans in setting goals and alignment metrics to business strategies;
- Review calibration certificates performed by external vendors and contractors whilst keeping an updated calibration management database;
- Ensures calibration of all equipment and / or facilities within an assigned area, mitigating downtime and providing emergency breakdown repair service as required;
- Consistently develop your skills to become a subject matter expert on calibration;
- Assist with managing the spare parts inventory (MRO), such as sourcing parts, determining stock to keep on hand and general data management to ensure an efficient and cost-effective mechanism.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A mechanical qualification or in a similar field at MQF level 4 or higher;
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a GMP environment will be considered an asset;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing;
- An analytical mind-set to ensure the right decisions are made concerning the use of equipment whilst avoiding equipment failure during a production process;
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
The person holding this role will be working during the day in accordance with the flexi-time system.
Siegfried Malta Limited – KMP-86819