We are looking for a Documentation Specialist to produce high-quality content that contributes to the overall success of our products and customer experience by sharing internal knowledge. If you enjoy creating manuals that have the ability to explain complex technical information in ways that customers can easily understand, then this role is for you! You will join a team of talented professionals who work collaboratively to make our products easier to use.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the product, sales, marketing, customer support teams to understand product workflow, user cases, detailed functionality and software capabilities, and ensure that the finished documentation meets product requirements.
- Build knowledge about products, services and technology to be documented.
- Research, create and maintain the customer knowledge base, with easy-to-understand user interface text, “frequently asked questions” pages, online help and guides.
- Create tutorials to help customers use our software applications.
- Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Collaborate with translators as necessary to convert writing into a variety of languages.
- In a nutshell, you will manage documentation projects starting from initial planning through researching, writing and validating the final piece. Product documentation may include user guides, technical specifications, training manuals, educational materials, reference guides, online help and other technical material.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality documentation.
- Grasp technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- At least 2 years of experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Excellent communication and written skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and hands on experience within a content management system.
- University degree in English, Computer Science or equivalent is preferred.
Data Retention Policy
All details of applicants, including their application and CV, will be safely deleted from our database after 6 months of filling of the respective post.
Shireburn Software – KMP-41363