Reporting to the Head Purchasing and Logistics, the Purchasing Officer will monitor inventory, perform buying duties, contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries, coordinate respective deliveries, and carry out clerical work related to purchasing, inventory and import.
Main responsibilities include:
- Order entry and processing and confirming orders on the system following material requirement reporting;
- Rescheduling orders when necessary;
- Following purchase orders and updating system accordingly;
- Coordinating price issues and terms;
- Updating Production with any problems in deliveries;
- Request quotations when required;
- To request any documentation needed, including certificate of origin and suppliers’ declaration;
- Following up the transit of the components to make sure cargo arrives in time and good order.
Skills and experience required:
- Sound education with a good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing;
- Organized and meticulous approach to work;
- Excellent team playing skills;
- Personal qualities of drive, energy, and enthusiasm;
- Assertiveness and an eye for detail.
Seifert Systems Ltd – KMP-86786