Secure Trading Financial Services Ltd, now trading as Acquiring.com, forms part of the Secure Trading Group that’s been established for the last 20 years, with offices in Malta, UK, and US. Recognised as a trusted acquirer, licensed and regulated by the Malta financial services authority (MFSA) to process electronic payments across Europe and is a principal member of Visa and Mastercard. Acquiring.com offers a truly end-to-end payment solution to merchants and partners trading online.
Main purpose of the job:
The role of the Credit Risk Analyst is to continuously analyse credit data and financial information for merchants we have in the portfolio and determine the underlying risks that the bank will be exposed to in granting such facilities.
This will entail drawing up of reports, that will not only highlight the underlying risks but also recommending mitigating actions to minimise the identified exposure.
As part of this role, incumbent will also be required to carry out regular portfolio analysis and report on the bank’s exposure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Credit risk and portfolio management function:
- Carry out risk analysis of merchant portfolio;
- Prepare ad-hoc and monthly reports detailing portfolio risks;
- Regularly review top exposures and recommend mitigation plans where necessary.
- Managing the risk inbox, delegating tasks / merchants to the respective team members;
- Identify sectors and concertation risk and conduct stress testing with forecast of expected results;
- Responsible for handling queries from internal and external customers concerning credit risk;
- Ensure adherence to credit policy and card scheme regulations when evaluating carrying out reviews;
- Communicate with internal departments, as well as multiple levels of management and offer advice on potential risk related matters;
- Analyse performance per partners, level of risk introduced and report results into risk / reward matrix.
- Participate in various meetings and give presentations when required.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- Knowledge of financial and risk analysis;
- Capability to understand a P&L and balance sheet and extract financial ratios;
- Attention to detail and diligence;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organised and meticulous.
Other significant job requirements:
- Knowledge of card business principles;
- Knowledge of Visa and MasterCard regulations;
- Knowledge of compliance mandates and following all related updates.
Secure Trading Financial Services Ltd – KMP-45507