sea chefs is a group of companies offering hotel, restaurant and crew management services for both seagoing and river cruise vessels. It is one of the cruise industry’s leading service providers worldwide.
Currently, we employ and manage thousands of employees onboard a remarkable fleet of seagoing and river cruise ships; our shoreside offices are based in:
- Basel and Zug in Switzerland,
- Limassol in Cyprus,
- Valletta in Malta, and
- Hamburg and Berlin in Germany.
We need a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude. Candidates should be able to assist management with relevant knowledge and quality service.
They should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should be always prepared, alert and willing to meet each challenge directly.
Candidates must have excellent computers skills and excel in both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, candidates should have a genuine desire to anticipate and attend to the needs of others.
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Business Administration
- Proven experience as an Office Administrator or similar
- Strong proficiency with computers, phones and office equipment
- Calendar management
- Computer literate (proficiency in MS Office applications, Windows environment)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Maltese and English languages
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Be an EU citizen or have a work permit
- Hold clean driving license
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines / deliverables
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management, internally and externally
- Use teamwork to do the job better, faster, smarter
- Detail-oriented with great accuracy
- Able to work under pressure
- Handling personal, sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong work ethics
- Confidence to learn new software programs
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships
- A positive outlook and a can-do attitude
- Job flexibility is a must
- Oversee the smooth operation of office daily activities
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Communication with the Maltese Social Security System, Tax and Health departments
- Systematic updating of the company’s HR Software System
- Daily communication with Crewing and Payroll departments in Cyprus
- Office via email and telephone
- Ensuring all necessary documents for crew registration are in hand; chasing any missing information and ensuring all is in order
- Assist with on-boarding new employees
- Maintain and grow relationships with outside vendors and contractors
- Manage purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Maintain office supplies and monitor levels of stock
- Maintaining and updating contacts lists
- Prepare, submit and approve expense reports
- Monitor payments, when authorized, bills, invoices or other expenses associated with office business activities
- Develop and maintain a project and activity system to ensure that all deadlines and obligations are met as scheduled
- Ensure that the office business activities continue when management is out of the office
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate filing system
- Plan events like team-building activities and office parties
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information received, or within the scope of the position or, as assigned, office budget or account activity
- Arrange necessary repairs for any electronic equipment
- Provide general office support as necessary
Only candidates who meet the specified requirements outlined above should apply.
The shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange for interviews during which they will be asked to review and sign the Privacy Notice for shoreside candidates.
If you do not receive any communication regarding the position within 15 to 20 working days after the closing date, you may assume that you haven’t been shortlisted. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that for personal data purposes we will delete all CVs of the candidates who will not be shortlisted.
sea chefs Malta Limited – KMP-64108