The kitchen porter’s main duties are the general cleanliness of the kitchen, storing of all items which enter the kitchen and carrying out other duties that may arise during the day, such as buying required food items and helping where needed.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Wash crockery, utensils, pots and pans;
- Daily clean of kitchen areas;
- Deep cleaning of kitchen equipment and areas;
- Store and keep areas neat and tidy;
- Completes and monitors all records / paperwork (H.A.C.C.P system);
- Keeps refrigeration and freezers organised;
- Carrying out other duties as may be required;
- Taking out bins to waste disposal point;
- Aide in serving employee lunch, when required.
- The ability to work fast and tidy;
- Well organised;
- Works well in a team;
- Works to a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness at all times;
- To be able to follow instructions.
Saint James Hospital – KMP-51622