One of the main remits of our HR team is to ensure the strength of the company’s backbone by finding, attracting and retaining the very best professional employees to join the company’s diverse working teams. We follow the process through recruitment, onboarding, continuous training and development while striving to ensure our employees’ satisfaction and retention within the group.
The HR team also administers payroll, develops, implements and monitors HR policies, maintains updated employee records, organises training, and undertakes any other tasks that are related to Human Resources.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the HR Officer will contribute towards providing high-level HR services to group Senior Leaders and Managers and group employees alike.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Human Resource Manager with the reviewing, implementation and monitoring of human resource procedures and policies.
- Working closely with other departments, assisting the line managers in understanding and implementing HR procedures and policies, including but not limited to working conditions, equal opportunities, performance, management, absence management, and disciplinary.
- Preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, and managing the recruitment process including leading interviews, participating in short-listing and selection and conducting employee onboarding and inductions.
- Assisting the Head of HR in monitoring employee performance.
- Ensuring that all employees are organised and satisfied in their work environment.
- Overseeing the health and safety of all employees.
- Assisting in creating, developing and implementing systematic staff development procedures.
- Participating in training meetings, identifying skill and training shortages, planning training schedules and organising internal and external training.
- Completing training-related documentation for grants claims purposes.
- Ensuring accurate and proper record-keeping of employee information in physical and digital format.
- Organising and maintaining personnel records, hard copies and electronically.
- Creating regular reports and presentations on HR metrics, as requested. Providing data for and preparing management information reports and documents, as requested.
- Being available, empathic and responsive to any queries being raised by our employees.
- Strengthening the Human Resources department by building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- Supporting the Payroll Officer, where required.
- Supporting the HR department with any HR projects.
- Promoting diversity, quality and equal opportunities as part of the group’s culture.
- Assisting in organising staff social activities and CSR activities.
- Promoting workplace safety.
- Performing any other reasonable duties within the HR department that will assist it to achieve department and business objectives.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Training course / knowledge in human resources and its nuances will be considered an asset.
- Experience within a Human Resources environment will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to initiate, follow up on and finalise tasks allocated.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to listen empathically and discuss issues arising successfully with the Head of HR for follow-through and resolution.
- Knowledge of employment legislation or willingness to gain such knowledge.
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Ability to maintain organised records, calculate HR metrics and produce relevant reports.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Ability to facilitate change.
- Strong team focus.
Saint James Hospital – KMP-62348