Our client, the largest F&B establishment in Malta and overseas operations is looking for an Operations Manager to join the team at head office. The selected candidate will share responsibility for the company’s management, planning, organizing and directing a diverse group of catering personnel. With considerable judgement and decision-making in the process, the individual will be integral in the development and expansion of company operations.
- Providing overall management, support, and supervision of operations;
- Managing and supervising together with the management team several outlets and a CPU on a daily basis 24/7;
- Preparing reports as may be required by the Employer;
- Planning, organising, assigning, and supervising the work of varied personnel working across a number of locations;
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the board and staff with the development of long-range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans;
- Observing the quality of service, maintenance of high standards and reviewing inventory, requisitions and purchases as required;
- Policy and strategy development and documentation;
- Working as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction, which may include occasional odd hours and / or being on-call for problem-solving in the event that issues arise;
- Employee relations;
- Performance management and improvement systems;
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
- Overseeing the preparation of the annual budget, regular variance statements and annual audit;
- Ensuring accurate documentation of processes and quality control data and records.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Word and Excel;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Thorough knowledge of business functions, ideally within the catering industry;
- Considerable knowledge of health and safety requirements which are applicable to operations related to catering;
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems;
- Strong leadership qualities;
- Strong organisational skills and a keen eye for detail;
- The ability to maintain a variety of operating and general records and to prepare reports;
- The ability to interact well with customers requesting service.
The selected candidate must also be able to drive legally in Malta, as well as have the ability to travel internationally for work purposes.
Rocs Jobs – JOBS10113