Forming part of the Ripard Group, RLR Yachting offer expert advice on various aspects of Yachting and are committed to Yachting in Malta serving as both a Yacht and Super Yacht Agency. They provide a full Retail Service as the leading local distributor of a wide range of quality marine products including Engines, Navigational Equipment, Technical Clothing and leisure crafts. We have culminated all our experience and passion to try and provide the best service possible to our community.
RLR Yachting are the exclusive distributors in Malta of Volvo Penta, a leading manufacturer of marine power systems.
We are now seeking to recruit a Workshop Marine Engineer / Mechanic
To assume responsibility for a wide range of Volvo Penta marine power systems including Diesel Sailboat, Diesel Inboard, Diesel Aquamatic Sterndrive and Gasoline Sterndrive engines.
The post requires a dynamic and dedicated person who will be directly responsible for all Volvo Penta related matters.
The selected candidate will:
- Provide marine services in the workshop and off-site at customer locations;
- Work under tight deadlines to assure boats are serviced in the least time possible;
- Diagnose engine performance using manufacturer’s testing / diagnostic equipment;
- Provide maintenance services to manufacturer’s specifications;
- Keep detailed Service Logs;
- Work with RLR Yachting Managers on various Marketing campaigns;
- Communicate and build a business relationships with local boat dealers;
- Participate in Volvo Penta training programs local and overseas;
- Attend Volvo Penta meetings with the Company’s Managing Director.
- Have a Journeyman certificate in Automotive Engineering, or equivalent;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to work within a technical environment;
- A valid driving license;
- Have strong computer skills;
- Be well organised and able to work on own initiative;
- Have excellent communication skills and analytical capabilities;
- Understand the importance of customer care and satisfaction.
Knowledge of Italian would be considered an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for a young and qualified Mechanic / Technician who has a passion for marine power systems. The successful candidate will receive professional training abroad by Volvo Penta.
RLR Yachting – KMP-40596