One of our clients carrying out business from Malta is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager to join their operations in Malta on a part-time, flexible basis. The role will include, amongst others, the ongoing administration of the Companies’ operations in Malta.
The selected candidate will be mainly responsible for:
- Maintaining the companies’ accounting records on an ongoing basis, including the reconciliation of bank accounts and fund allocations;
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts;
- Preparation of board packs, and co-ordination of board meetings including making the necessary travel arrangements;
- Recording board meeting minutes and Directors’ comments;
- Performing due diligence on new investment opportunities and ongoing investment performance analysis;
- Completing the required forms and agreements in relation to the opening of bank accounts and / or new portfolio investment accounts;
- Maintaining the statutory records and registers of the companies as prescribed by Maltese legislation;
- Fulfilling monthly and year-end payroll requirements;
- Liaising with the companies’ tax advisors;
- Liaising with the companies’ bankers and investment managers;
- Handling correspondence with third parties and liaison with local authorities;
- Performing general secretarial and other office duties, as may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An accounting qualification, or a related tertiary degree;
- Previous work experience in accounting and company administration;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- An ability to work independently;
- Strong organisation skills and a keen eye for detail; and
- An ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively.
Previous experience with Xero accounting software will be considered an asset.
PwC – AC/04