At PwC Malta, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who have backgrounds in compliance functions and who are seeking a new opportunity to use and develop existing skillsets in financial services. It is important that you are willing to continue to learn, you can work well individually and as part of a team and you have an enthusiasm to succeed both on an individual and team level.
About the role
Successful applicants will support our internal teams across a range of financial crime issues in anti-money laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), sanctions, alert and transaction monitoring
Typical responsibilities could include:
- Perform assessments against a range of policies, guidelines and regulatory expectations within Financial Services
- Perform, review and subsequent remediation of client files
- Contacting and communicating with external sources
- Building and maintaining relationships with the wider global PwC network
- Understand and proactively keep up to date with the latest regulatory developments and issues which affect our clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience within a compliance or AML function (this is preferred but not an asset)
- Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Professionally sceptical mind-set
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
This is a fast-paced, challenging environment which can provide you with a rewarding and stimulating career. You work as part of a highly motivated team and receive both technical and softer skills training to assist with your continual personal and professional development.
PwC – PwC-AML/19