At PwC Malta, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, advisory and tax services.
Role and Summary
PwC prides itself with a motivated team of specialists dedicated to providing high quality services to a client base consisting of organisations varying from top-tier multinationals to medium and smaller sized enterprises operating in various industries. An opportunity has arisen for a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our administration team to assist our teams within our Tax and Legal Line of Service with the day-to-day affairs and internal procedures.
What’s special about PwC and how does that translate to you?
A core purpose of PwC is to solve important problems through the investment in people. You shall receive constant investment to enhance your skill-set so that you may continue to grow holistically. As an Administrative Assistant, we will help you realise your full potential by providing you with an empowering working environment, the possibility of making a real difference in the team’s success as well as the required flexibility.
As an Administrative Assistant, your responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining and updating the firm’s databases,
- Coordinating office deliveries, office mail and couriers,
- Providing general support for the upkeep of the premises,
- Providing administrative support to the Line of Service so that deadlines are met,
- Scheduling internal or external meetings for the Tax and Legal Partners,
- Coordinating travel arrangements for employees,
- Supporting the Firm’s archive management policies.
The ideal candidate would:
- Hold an O’ level standard qualification,
- Be fluent in English and have strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Be proficient with Google, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
Previous work experience in a similar role is not a priority as an extensive training programme shall be part of one’s onboarding experience.
Attributes we look out for include:
- An ability to build strong relationships authentically and be a keen team player,
- An initiative to be organised and have a problem-solving attitude,
- An ability to manage multiple tasks at a time and remain calm under pressure.
PwC – KMP227281WD