Prime Care Ltd
St Elizabeth Home is seeking to recruit a Registered Nurse on a full-time basis, to join our growing team of healthcare professionals. This role plays an important part in providing the highest standards of care and service delivered to our residents, whilst maintaining independence and choice in a homely environment.
Promote excellent customer service at all times. Actively ensure the highest standard of care by supervising and participating in the teaching of students and other allocated staff, as required.
- Ensure the needs of each resident are assessed and that they receive the highest standard of care and service appropriate to those identified needs.
- Ensure each resident has an up-to-date and agreed care plan, which details the interventions necessary; evaluate and review the care plans in line with policy.
- Participate fully in the overall care of the residents, enabling quality of life through effective, direct and delegated care and service. Responsible also for all aspects of care relating to your allocated residents.
- Take responsibility for the home in the absence of the Nurse Manager and / or General Manager and liaise with them if you are unsure of the correct procedure.
- Take accountability for the medication rounds making sure that medication is administered strictly in line with Prime Care’s policies and procedures adhering to the CMN Code of Professional Practice and the CMN Guidelines for the Administration of Medications.
- Keep accurate records, including residents’ folders, updating nursing notes with doctors’ and third-party professional visits, noting residents’ hospital and other appointments, drug administration, accidents and incidents, and care planning.
- Liaise with doctors, health visitors, social workers, local hospitals and other community workers, and arrange visits as necessary.
- Additional responsibility may be allocated in a specific clinical area of the home, e.g. ordering and checking medication, infection control, tissue viability or continence management, this will be the decision of the Facility Manager.
- Nurse Registration issued from CNM (issued in Malta).
- Knowledge of medical conditions including patient education.
- Patient education is specific to the correct and safe use of walking aids, transfers and mobilisation specific to therapy instruction.
- Effective communicator.
- Demonstrable evidence of leadership qualities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English.
- Be computer literate and have good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Have a good aptitude for working meticulously with strong organizational skills as well as having the ability to work on his / her own initiative in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Be a good team player and understands the necessity of keeping a dynamic working environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
Prime Care Limited – KMP-78813