Objective of the Post
To oversee the management of nursing services within an entity to ensure the delivery of a high standard of nursing service to all clients or clients. The nurse manager shall ensure quality and full compliance with relevant policies and standards.
- Provide leadership and direction for qualified nurses and / or midwives, support workers and other employees across clinical settings within his / her healthcare entity.
- Assure the availability of adequate and appropriate resources for a continuous and consistent delivery of nursing care, taking into account the advice given by the Facility Manager.
- Assume responsibilities involving the supervision and management of a health facility.
- Assess current policies and procedures related to nursing practice in his/her Healthcare entity.
- Generate new ideas for improvement taking operational issues into account and acting in line with standards approved by the Chief Executive Officer of the entity or Head of Department.
- Assume a key role in the motivation, development and evaluation of staff working within the assigned health facility / unit.
- Establish and track quality improvement indicators and other information concerning services and care to ensure that resources are available to provide quality services and on-time performance consistent with standards.
- Ensure that business plans, human resource plans, and performance audits and compiled in time for the assigned health facility.
- Take a lead role in health promotion and health education activities.
- Initiate and support the necessary research that will eventually sustain the delivery of evidence
- Support a clinical environment that facilitates change and introduces innovative efficient care structures and processes that are beneficial to clients and the organisation.
- Use available budgets to ensure quality care and the delivery of cost-effective services while monitoring all personnel and supply costs at departmental level.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Excellent listener and communicator.
- Have at heart the well-being of the elderly.
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Able to lead a team.
- Be a registered nurse in possession of a BSc (HONS) in nursing studies.
- Have minimum of 2 years expertise in managerial position.
Prime Care Limited – KMP-54378