Pinnacle is one of the World’s leading online betting and Casino companies. We offer bettors the best odds, highest limits and a winner welcome policy. We are an award-winning, global company looking for a talented Network & Security Engineer to be based in our Malta office.
The successful candidate will be part of our well-respected IT team, with a global reach, reporting to the Network & Security Team Lead.
What will you be doing?
The Network & Security Engineer plans, executes and manages multi-faceted projects related to risk management, mitigation and response, compliance, control assurance, and user awareness. The Engineer also selects and implements appropriate tools for necessary surveillance and monitoring of the Pinnacle computing environment.
- Provides operations support, maintenance and administration for network systems as a team member, sometimes as a cross-functional team lead.
- Works on projects / systems / issues of medium to high complexity.
- Assists in recommending the direction for LAN/WAN, internet, wireless, and remote access services.
- Participates in short- and long- term planning to meet requirements.
- Reviews network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates.
- Provides integrated systems planning and recommends new or different technologies that will enhance current systems and support overall business goals.
- Works with IT teams to gather requirements.
- Determines requirements impact on existing architecture, work processes, and systems.
- May collaborate with other teams to perform network security design.
- Designs and supports inter-network analysis including the physical and logical configuration documentation, and traffic management.
- Leads, creates, and collaborates with cross-functional teams to produce build design documents that can be implemented.
- Explains to non-SMEs how the proposed solution will support their requirements.
- Configures, tests, automates, integrates, models, analyzes, and, where possible, validates the Pinnacle infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs.
- Recommends enhancements to improve systems availability and performance to senior management.
- Implements security procedures.
- Ensures security procedures are applied.
- Provides support for connectivity or related network issues for the user community.
- Evaluates services provided by vendors and recommends changes.
- Identifies and documents design best practices for adoption.
- Provides training and technical guidance to team members.
- Participates in security planning and analyst activities.
- Provides objective evaluations of security controls, mechanisms and goals in comparison to best practices.
- Ensures policies, procedures, standards, and system configurations are documented and tracked.
- Consults with asset owners on the data classification of their resources.
- Participates in security investigations and compliance reviews as requested.
- Performs security monitoring and reporting, analyzes security alerts and escalates security alerts to local support teams.
- Provides security application and infrastructure-related projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Leads and responds to security incidents and investigations and targets reviews of suspect areas.
How will you be measured?
- Annual and mid-year performance reviews and regular assessment.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual with good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; someone with attention to detail and experience in planning, designing, testing, documenting and maintaining data networks and servers; someone fluent in written and spoken English; someone with experience working with high-availability and resilient network technologies; someone with the ability to learn new software and hardware packages and ability to adapt to changes in technology; someone who works independently and as a team member, and also who establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders; someone who is able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently; and finally someone with experience with incident ticketing systems, network management systems and change control procedures.
The ideal candidate would also have:
- Expert knowledge of networking and internet protocols
- Expert knowledge of VPN, LAN, WAN technologies
- Strong experience working with Unix, Linux, Windows 2008/2012/2016 server
- Experience working with IIS/Apache Webserver
- Experience using automated monitoring and deployment tools
- Experience working with UC platforms
- Virtualization experience using Hyper-V, VM Ware
- Experience working with storage technologies (HP 3PAR, Qsync or similar SAN, NAS)
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
Company Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus scheme
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Training and development opportunities
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Pinnacle – KMP-54328