Pinnacle is one of the World’s leading online betting and casino companies. We offer bettors the best odds, highest limits and a winner welcome policy. We are an award-winning, global company looking for a talented Dota 2 Trading Analyst to be based in our Malta office.
The successful candidate will be part of our well respected trading team, with a global reach, reporting to the Trading Manager.
What will you be doing?
You will develop and improve trading strategies for Dota 2.
- Monitoring all aspects of Dota 2 for potential problems and inefficiencies in the algorithms.
- Helping with the development and implementation of automated trading in Dota 2: working with Esports Managers and RnD to help us meet trading challenges that are specific to Dota 2, such as volatility during drafts, pricing player markets, predicting dangerous and/or profitable in-play situations.
- Working on trading strategies based on in-depth game knowledge. Using Dota 2 knowledge to help live trading team identify risky situations.
- In depth research of Dota 2 betting markets, looking at outside betting markets, wager analysis and customer analysis.
- Providing feedback to management about ideas on how to improve trading. Examples include, but are not limited to, new strategies for risk management, new product offerings, improvement to current product offerings, and improvement on existing tools.
- Monitoring Dota 2 trading, looking for patterns in the betting behaviour of strong customers, finding systematic weaknesses in our existing models and proposing solutions on how to improve them.
- Keeping track of Dota 2 patch changes and changes in playstyle / metagame and proactively propose solutions on how to best adjust our trading approach.
How will you be measured?
Annual and mid-year performance reviews and regular assessment.
What we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual with extensive experience (minimum 5 years) playing and/or coaching Dota 2 at a high level, ideally professionally. Someone with an in-depth understanding of Dota 2 strategy and game play, risk management and Esports betting markets is a must.
The ideal candidate will also be accurate, analytical, and conceptual with fast mathematical and problem solving skills. This high performer will be fluent in written and spoken English and will have the ability to multi-task effectively and to quickly make proper decisions based on incomplete available information.
Experience in programming (any language) would be a plus but not a requirement.
Company Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus scheme
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Training and development opportunities
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Pinnacle – KMP-54358