This is an exciting time to join Pinnacle, an award-winning betting Sportsbook and Casino company. We are recruiting for a DevOps Engineer to join our fast-paced environment to be based in our Malta Office.
Working hours: Office hours – hybrid.
What will you be doing?
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for growing infrastructure, computing platforms (Cloud), developing, troubleshooting and consistently conducting research of the company’s production systems to improve issues response time. The role will involve projects with immediate business impact such as a decrease of human errors during software release, CI/CD, proactive identification of weak system’s area and ability to discover real-time system performance and security metrics and infrastructure development to accommodate a growing worldwide company. The Engineer will work closely with the Development team and will be responsible for supporting a proprietary low latency distributed trading system and various other applications. This includes software deployment and tools to help real-time monitoring and automation.
DevOps Engineers can also work with vendors and can have several different b2b clients. When it comes to work environment, DevOps Engineers often collaborate with other dev team members. They will also perform a variety of installation, configuration, automation of deployments, infrastructure as a code, continuous delivery and deployments and troubleshooting tasks in accordance with policy to ensure infrastructure performance meets company and user requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Configuring, implementing and monitoring applications, number of DevOps-specific tools responsible for builds, deployments and monitoring as well as provisioning new, upgrading, and maintaining existing runtime, network and security infrastructure.
- Managing active IT incidents, incidence management and driving the root cause of the closure.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integrations, continuous development and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline).
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools and IT infrastructure.
- Supporting multiple systems or applications of medium to highly complex (complexity defined by size, technology used, and system feeds and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility.
- Working with infrastructure engineers, DBAs and developers on building / deploying / supporting infrastructure changes, application and configuration changes, as well as cloud-hosted resources (Azure).
- Act as liaison between developers, IT teams and stakeholders to coordinate production changes.
- Integrating solutions with other applications and platforms based on engineering requirements.
- Have the technical skill to review, verify and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Developing, maintaining, recommending, documenting, and supporting DevOps tools and back-end utilities to provide capacity planning management.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and standards.
- Managing small to medium-sized projects according to agreed-upon budgets and schedules.
- Maintaining confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and qualifications
- Strong analytic, conceptual and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail
- Azure Certificates AZ-400 mandatory and plus AZ-305 optional
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a production system monitoring and troubleshooting required
- Proven 2 plus years experience in automated and deployment system
- Experience working on Linux-based infrastructure
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, Mongo etc
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies and cloud services
- Strong understanding of the software deployment life cycle
- Project and performance management, Technology planning and execution
- Virtualization experience using Cloud
- Unix / Ubuntu, IIS web server, Nice to have Windows server 2012/2016/2019, LAN/WAN Technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
How will you be measured?
- Annual and mid-year performance reviews and regular assessments.
- Team KPIs, which will also show individual overall contribution.
Company compensation and benefits
- Competitive salary with yearly bonus scheme.
- Health insurance cover.
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement.
- Training and development opportunities.
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Pinnacle – KMP-86620