External Call No. HR 1/23 dated 17/05/2023.
Jobsplus Permit No. 298/2023.
Words importing the masculine gender include all genders.
The Parliamentary Service invites Maltese citizens to forward applications for the post of Clerk I in the House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta.
Terms and Conditions
- 2.1 The selected applicant will be appointed to Clerk I with the Parliamentary Service on a full-time basis.
- 2.2 The position of Clerk I is subject to a definite contract period of three (3) years, which contract will become indefinite upon confirmation in the post after a period of three (3) years.
- 2.3 The position is subject to a probationary period of six (6) months.
- 2.4 The position carries an annual financial package of €19,497 (in 2023), as well as a yearly performance bonus and additional benefits.
- 2.5 The result published by the Selection Board shall be valid for a period of one year from the date of publication.
The objectives of the post are to provide general clerical and administrative support as may be required by the Parliamentary Service. The duties of the successful applicant may include:
a) Maintaining records and compiling basic reports such as statistical data or related content.
b) Maintaining updated filing records.
c) Recording of basic accounting and book-keeping entries.
d) Registering and distributing incoming and outgoing mail.
e) Reception duties.
f) Typing duties.
g) Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Section and / or the Clerk of the House.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must be:
- 4.1 In possession of MQF 3 passes in 4 subjects (at least Grade 1-5) at ordinary level including Maltese, English, Maths, and IT.
- 4.2 Applicants must be of conduct appropriate for the post applied for, and must produce a Certificate of Conduct issued by the Malta Police not earlier than one (1) month from the date of this call for applications.
- 4.3 Applicants who, besides the requisites indicated in paragraph 4.1, have proven relevant work experience, are capable of working under pressure, possess strong communication skills in both the Maltese and English languages, and have the ability to work within a team, will be given due consideration.
- 4.4 Applicants must be eligible to take up their due appointment, in terms of paragraphs 4.1 and 4.2 above, not only by the closing time and date of this call for applications but also by the date of appointment.
- 4.5 Qualifications at a level higher than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements. Moreover, candidates who have not yet formally obtained any of the above-mentioned qualifications will still be considered, provided that they submit evidence that they have been approved for the award of the qualifications in question by the closing time and date of the call for applications.
Submission of supporting documentation
- 5.1 Qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and / or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application. Scanned copies sent electronically are acceptable.
- 5.2 Original certificates and / or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview. Applicants should note the requirement, where applicable, to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications, or other designated authorities.
Eligible applicants will be assessed by a Selection Board to determine their suitability for the post. The maximum mark for this selection process is one hundred (100) marks and the pass mark is fifty (50) marks. The selection process may include a practical assessment.
Submission of applications
- 7.1 A curriculum vitae showing qualifications and experience claimed, together with a filled-in Application Form which can be downloaded here are to be addressed to the Clerk of the House, House of Representatives, Parliament of Malta, Freedom Square, Valletta VLT 1010, or submitted electronically via the apply button below by not later than noon (12.00 pm) of 1, December 2023.
- 7.2 Applications received after the closing date and time (i.e. late applications) will not be considered.
Other general provisions concerning this call for applications, with particular reference to:
- Reasonable accommodation for registered persons with disability.
- Access to application forms and related details.
- Submission of recognition statements in respect of qualifications.
- Publication of the result.
- The process for the submission of petitions concerning the result.
- Medical examination.
- Retention of documents.
May be viewed by accessing the website of the Parliament of Malta here or may be obtained from the HR Section of the Parliamentary Service. These general provisions are to be regarded as an integral part of this call for applications.
Parliamentary Service – KMP-86833