As a Senior Accounts Clerk you will be responsible to maintain up to date and accurate accounting records in preparation for monthly management accounts and annual financial audit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of daily / monthly revenue.
- Performing transfers of purchases invoices and requisitions between systems.
- Posting of end of month inventory movements.
- Posting of invoices and journal entries
- Issuing of debtor invoices.
- Issue monthly debtor statements and chase for payments.
- Allocate payments received
- Reconcile and post cash book entries.
- Post daily sales envelopes.
- Reconcile cash envelopes.
- Review all receipts passed as complimentary, voids or wasted and bring to the attention of the FC any irregular, unexplained or unauthorized voids.
- Notify cashier and F&B of any shorts in cash received and identify POS operator on whom the cash shortage is.
- Bring forward any complaints written on cash receipts and follow up on actions taken.
- Update cash and bank book with any deposits, payments and petty cash issued by hand on Sage.
- Perform bank reconciliations when requested.
- Work hand in hand with the Cost Controller in the calculation and preparation of the costings report.
- Update ERA reporting in preparation for the annual ERA audit. Liaise with Maintenance Manager for testing results required for reporting.
- Check suppliers Vat numbers to the VIES system.
- Check invoices issued for functions to Function cost analysis sheet, function sheet and posting on Hotel PMS.
- Check and update gift vouchers issued and reconcile between complementary and paid vouchers. Update sheet with redeemed date and where vouchers were used.
- Issuing of month-end reporting on the 1st of each month.
- Go through pending purchase orders and follow up.
- Pass adjustments for accruals and prepayments.
- Assist in spot-checking of SOPs already issued, assist the FC in issuing of new SOPs and internal controls.
- Update asset ledger and maintain up to date file.
- Update asset disposal ledger and maintain up to date file.
- Filing of documentation, invoices, and reports.
- Participate and assist in the Annual Financial Audit preparation.
- Any other task that may arise in the running of the business that falls under the remit of the Finance team.
- Work hand in hand with all other team members of the Finance team including but not limited to the Cost Controller, Human Resources Manager and Payroll Executive and assist in their tasks whenever is needed.
An A’ level in Accounting or equivalent is a requirement.
Paradise Bay Resort – KMP-60061