We are looking for a professional Junior Sous Chef to assists our Sous Chefs and Executive Chef specifications and guidelines.
The successful candidate will employ their culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customer’s satisfaction.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drink menus.
- Produce high-quality plates both design and taste wise.
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance.
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers.
- Experience as a Junior Sous Chef.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management.
- Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions.
- Familiar with industry’s best practices.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
Paradise Bay Resort – KMP-64262