Established in 2008, NOUV helps organisations identify, design, and execute their strategy. We focus on creating the change that matters by working together with our clients and by partnering with industry experts to develop and realise business goals. Our consulting, speciality and support services offer an integrated solution to our client’s toughest challenges across all business functions.
Moreover, we match high-quality business opportunities to the right investors and assist companies in boosting their business’s appeal to stakeholders, maximising funding options, identify and negotiate with target businesses or potential acquirers or joint ventures.
NOUV are: certified public accountants – practising auditors – licenced company service providers – certified information systems auditors and an independent member of TGS, a dynamic global business network of independent firms providing accounting, audit, tax, business advisory and commercial legal services. Currently operating with 62 members from 57 countries and states.
Following a period of growth, we are seeking to recruit an Internal Auditor to join our team. The position is available on a full-time basis.
The candidate will be appointed internal audit assignments and will need to ensure the successful completion of these assignments, including pre and post activities. The candidate will report to the partner responsible for the internal audit and is expected to build the internal audit function together with the partner. The person is responsible to communicate identified issues with the partner to ensure any potential concerns are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- Determines risk-based audit plans;
- Conducts assigned internal audit engagements successfully from beginning to end;
- Identifies and communicates issues raised, offering recommended solutions relevant to business and risk;
- Ensures audit conclusions are based on a complete understanding of the process, circumstances, and risk;
- Develops audit programs and testing procedures relevant to risk and test objectives;
- Obtains and reviews evidence ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented;
- Ensures adherence at all times to all applicable department and professional standards;
- Communicates assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results;
- Organizes personal effort to be risk-based, productive, and efficient at all times;
- Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging; assignments, in line with standard audit career progression – proactively seek relevant education and training opportunities;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, technology or the equivalent combination of education, training and work experience;
- A minimum of at least 1-year audit experience is required as well as one or more relevant professional certifications;
- Public accounting firm experience is desirable but not required;
- A Certified Internal Auditor certificate is desirable but not required.
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately;
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application;
- Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate;
- Solid listening skills and ability to identify gaps in logic – inquisitive;
- Strong organization and follow up skills including the ability to handle competing priorities and meet all deadlines and commitments;
- Possess an appropriate combination of technical expertise in fields such as auditing, finance, technology, operations, or investigations;
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and willing to adapt to change;
- Ability to give and follow instructions accurately and efficiently; proactive in asking clarifying questions to ensure work effort is directed wholly toward the desired outcome;
- Ability to recognize when learned theoretical concepts should be applied;
- Solid understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts;
- Ability to identify the underlying cause of an issue raised;
- Good awareness of other departments in the company with risk, control, and governance responsibilities and what is necessary for successful tactical collaboration and information sharing;
- Good communication skills along with good or developing negotiation skills;
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new circumstances, information and challenges;
- Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally;
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
NOUV – KMP-62573