Established in 2008, NOUV helps organisations identify, design, and execute their strategy. We focus on creating the change that matters by working together with our clients and by partnering with industry experts to develop and realise business goals. Our consulting, specialty and support services offer an integrated solution to our client’s toughest challenges across all business functions.
Moreover, we match high-quality business opportunities to the right investors and assist companies in boosting their business’s appeal to stakeholders, maximising funding options, identify and negotiate with target businesses or potential acquirers or joint ventures.
NOUV are: certified public accountants – practising auditors – licenced company service providers – certified information systems auditors and an independent member of TGS, a dynamic global business network of independent firms providing accounting, audit, tax, business advisory and commercial legal services. Currently operating with 62 members from 57 countries and states.
Following a period of growth, we are seeking to recruit an Assistant to the Financial Controller to join our Finance and Administration team. The position is available on a full-time basis.
Whilst reporting to the Group Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be:
- Handling general book-keeping duties including reconciliations and updating of ledgers within the group;
- Processing invoices, expense reports and incoming receipts;
- Performing regular intercompany reconciliations;
- Generate and send out client invoices;
- Preparation and handling of letter of engagements;
- Liaising with departmental management in order to ensure that client’s deadlines are met;
- Taking care of debt control;
- Assisting in the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the practice management software of the Group;
- Liaising with auditors;
- Maintaining contact with the accounting software providers for updates and assistance;
- Assisting in the implementation and monitoring of internal controls;
- Providing administrative support where required;
- Working closely with the Financial Controller in preparing:
- Monthly management accounts including preparation of accruals, prepayments and analysis of variances;
- Statutory financial statements;
- Any regulatory or compliance submissions;
- VAT Returns and other fiscal submissions;
- Payroll and HR matters;
- Assist with other administration and accounting projects as necessary.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum A’ level standard in Accounting, and reading for an AAT or ACCA qualification (or equivalent) even in the early stages will be considered;
- A minimum of two years of working experience in an accounting role;
- Competence in Excel, general IT and other Microsoft applications;
- Knowledge of Xero and / or Zoho shall be considered as an asset;
- An ability to work to and meet agreed deadlines;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Having effective communication skills and high attention to detail together with a good level of accuracy are important criteria for this role;
- The chosen candidate must also be proactive and show a positive attitude towards work.
NOUV – KMP-65243