At Nium, we are changing the world one transaction at a time. By eliminating the complexity of global payments, we are moving the world closer to a future of frictionless commerce. It’s our modular platform that helps businesses pay and get paid across the globe with services for payouts, pay-ins, card issuance, crypto-as-a-service, and banking-as-a-service.
Once connected to our platform, businesses can pay out in more than 100 currencies to over 190 countries – 85 of which are in real-time. Funds can be received in 27 markets, including Southeast Asia, the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, India, and the US. Our growing card issuance business is already available in 34 countries, including Europe (SEPA), the UK, Australia and Singapore. And our license portfolio covers 11 of the world’s jurisdictions, enabling seamless global payments and rapid integration, regardless of geography.
And now we’re building a world-class team to help us bring our mission of powering a future of frictionless commerce to life. If you’re a risk taker, a maverick who embraces our values of simple, better, together. If you see the world as it should be, not what it is. If you’re a problem solver and a builder, then be a part of our element of success, and come join us today.
About the role
We are looking to hire a Qualified Accountant (Chartered) to take on the role of Finance Manager in our growing Malta office. The successful applicant will make recommendations for the development and implementation of controls and processes and will also be responsible for the maintenance of accounting practices and procedures to ensure efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting.
You’re a great fit for this role if you have the drive to improve processes, systems and reporting continuously, and if you have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Financial Manager is tasked with the following key deliverables
- Plan and execute statutory audits on a timely basis and build strong relationships with external parties (auditors and other third parties involved in the statutory reporting process).
- Meeting all MFSA, tax and company secretarial compliance requirements for our registered entities.
- Performing daily BAU activities such as processing invoices and payments, booking accruals and prepayments etc in a timely manner whilst also maintaining high-quality standards.
- Driving continuous improvement and standardization of processes, including the design and implementation of processes and key controls to ensure efficient, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Play a key role in partnering finance with business operations to drive strategic and operational initiatives.
- Support the decision-making process by analysing and reporting around key business drivers, including revenues, cash, gross margin, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Ensuring timely and accurate cash flow forecasts are prepared on a weekly basis to ensure we are appropriately safeguarding client funds.
- Assist with the working day 1 and month-end reporting process by supporting the Senior Finance Manager with analysing and explaining the month-on-month movements which are delivered to the board.
- The successful candidate will be a Chartered Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAEW) with exceptional organisational skills.
- A driven individual who takes the initiative and thrives in a dynamic environment, demonstrating financial acumen and experience in delivering quantitative analyses.
- Big 4 audit preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to identify financial and operating trends, and produce financial forecasts.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and achieve effective results within tight deadlines in a high-growth and often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to understand how the business operates and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by the Finance team.
- Experience working with B2C technology, fintech, and / or payment services business is considered advantageous.
- Full health insurance coverage.
- Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships.
- Free-flowing, healthy snacks at our Malta office location.
- Professional training and development opportunities.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Hybrid / flexible working schedule.
NIUM – KMP-80557