nextmarkets is a young and dynamic FinTech company headquartered in Cologne, Germany. Through its subsidiary in Malta, customers can trade stocks and CFDs on more than 1,000 financial instruments and follow trading ideas of professional top traders. The idea behind is simple and powerful. nextmarkets has developed software which helps customers to manage the everyday ups and downs on the financial markets. Its vision is to give people the knowledge and the power to master financial markets and finally to become awesome investors. A great team-spirit without wasting time on unnecessary policy is part of our everyday working life. Indeed, nextmarkets is laser-focused on building an unparalleled product in the financial industry.
To bring this product to the next level nextmarkets is looking for an experienced full time IT Systems Administrator.
- Maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of our network, computer systems, phones and periphery
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, plan, integrate and supervise automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications
- Perform regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions (SLA)
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent professional experience required
- 3-5 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Candidates having experience with Continuous Integration and DevOps preferred
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Experience with AWS or Azure is a plus
- Experience with JIRA is a plus
- Fluent English, (optional: basic skills in German)
High learning curve with daily challenges and constant learning. Work with state-of-the-art, cloud-based technology. Working in a European team of highly skilled engineers forming the latest product innovations in Fintech.
In addition to your professional competence, you will convince through initiative, assertiveness and team spirit as well as the ability to make decisions, while at the same time focusing on quality. A sense of responsibility, flexibility, resilience and service orientation are further characteristics of your personality. A confident and well-groomed appearance is a matter of course for you, as are good manners and very good communication skills.
Become Part of our Team
We offer you a versatile and exciting task area in a modern and dynamic environment as well as an excellent operating climate. Through a professional training phase and further training measures, we will develop you further.
- Give your career unusual perspectives.
- Show us what is in you, what inspires and drives you.
- Be courageous – with your questions and with your application.
- Strong interest in the processing of securities, or initial touch points with securities processing.
nextmarkets Trading Limited – KMP-55914