Newtech Limited a subsidiary of the M. Demajo Group, is seeking to recruit a full-time IT Technician to join its current Service Centre team. The ideal candidate must be a tech-savvy individual who takes pride in his / her work and passionate about technology especially hardware.
Since Newtech Limited, is one of the leading companies in the IT Hardware and Tech market, the chosen candidate will be mostly working on devices from international Vendors such as Lenovo, Acer, MSI and Razer amongst many others. He/she will be working directly with clients and will be expected to provide outstanding customer service and excellent quality standard.
Main duties will include:
- Providing service and customer support as representative of Newtech Servicing Centre;
- Managing on / off-site installations, repairs, maintenance, deployments, commissioning, and testing tasks;
- Diagnosing errors or technical problems and determining proper solutions;
- Communicating with customers, vendors, and handling service centre cycle / processes;
- Providing professional technical servicing for all Vendors represented by Newtech, including but not limited to Lenovo, Acer, Razer, MSI, APC, Microsoft, etc;
- Inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing IT products;
- Installing Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Linux amongst others;
- Communicating with customers providing repair progress and / or updates;
- Upkeeping and organising of service centre area overall;
- Performing any other reasonable duties as required.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an IT Technician or a similar role;
- Qualification in Electronics / IT (MQF Level 5 or more);
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing IT products including (desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones and more);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Maltese;
- Customer-oriented with good interpersonal skills;
- Good organizational skills;
- The ability to work on his / her own initiative and as part of a team;
- An eye for detail with a strong drive to achieve work success;
- Good knowledge of the company’s products and in-depth view of upcoming technologies.
Newtech Limited – NT – ITT 05/21