We are currently looking for a skilled and enthusiastic canteen Chef / Cook to work in our head office canteen kitchen. The ideal cook should be able to prepare 2 menus a day for our employees. One must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. People with experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques will be at an advantage.
- Prepares meals, cooked and served daily according to the planned menus
- Orders ingredients and products needed in order to ensure a balance between cost and quality
- Apply measures for strict hygiene in accordance to food handling rules
- Makes sure that the kitchen, canteen and pantry are kept clean and well maintained at all times
- Cleaning and inspection of utensils used for cooking in compliance with standards
- Plan weekly menus in respect of the Nestlé Good Food Good Life culture
Education and experience
- Secondary school leaving certificate or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Use own transport;
- Previous culinary experiences will be considered as an a asset
- Autonomy and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills
- Service orientation
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 89.8 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2017, more than 323,000 employees worldwide and 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset.
Nestlé Malta Ltd – KMP-41589