NBG Bank Malta Limited is a fully subsidiary of the National Bank of Greece, and has been licenced by the MFSA as credit institution since 2005. The bank is currently seeking to recruit a Software Developer in order to further strengthen the IT division. The candidate will be responsible of the bank’s data and regulatory reporting.
The main duties for the position are:
- Performing Microsoft SQL database administration, including software installations and configurations for SQL Server.
- Design, build and deploy BI Solutions using SQL Management Studio.
- Design, build, test and deploy database solutions via stored procedures.
- Troubleshooting technical issues such as job failure troubleshooting, performance tuning, permissions and database configuration.
- Reviewing existing stored procedures code, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Improving the reports extracted from the core banking system.
- Performing daily database checks such as disk space, backups, job failure, performance issues and more.
- Adding maintenance plans for the new databases.
- Share technical knowledge and ways of resolution with other team members.
- Drafting of detailed documentation.
- Coordinate assigned deliverable schedules to ensure timelines are met.
- Responsible for data integrity, security and recovery.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications.
- Helping the Business Analyst with preparing ad-hoc financial reports as requested by the CFO and risk manager.
- Diploma in IT (software development) MQF Level 5 or above.
- Industry standard certificates such as MCSA, MCSD and MCSE will be considered as an asset.
Fluent in English language.
Minimum 2 years’ experience working in software development or database administration.
- Good knowledge of Software Development with C# and Visual Basic.
- Basic Hardware knowledge.
- A sound background with Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 and Microsoft Office applications.
- A sound background with Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2016.
- Able to build reports using SQL Server Data Tools, Report Builder and Visual Studio.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
Soft Skills required:
- Ability to multi-task and to meet deadlines.
- A high degree of self-confidence.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Well organised.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
NBG Bank – KMP-50050