As a key member of our management team, our bar night manager must ensure that the bar operates smoothly, with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The ideal candidate in this position must thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while maintaining a courteous demeanor with customers. Strong leadership and personnel management skills should be accompanied by a customer service orientation and commitment to company values and image.
- Training staff in providing excellent service to customers and maintaining a fun, safe atmosphere for customers.
- Manage the business aspects of the bar, such as keeping a current liquor license, negotiating supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets and setting goals.
- Monitor inventory of beverages to ensure adequate stock is maintained and to prevent excess pours or abuse by staff.
- Oversee cleanliness of staff and physical bar area, paying special attention to possible health hazards and code violations.
- Oversee the preparation of beverages and ensure quality of product served.
- Prepare weekly schedules for bartender, barback and server staff to adequately cover all shifts.
- Provide staff for coverage in case of employee absence and adjust staffing as necessary to meet business demands.
- Planning and taking part in promotional events.
- Review sales and beverage costs, reconcile any discrepancies in accounting and ensure proper cash management.
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and according to company guidelines.
- Working with diverse personalities including staff and customers.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to make decisive decisions, delegate responsibilities and maximise resources.
- Competency in resource management and inventory control.
- Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Excellent computer, problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local and state regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles, personnel management and marketing.
- Proficiency with point-of-sale software.
- Restaurant or management experience or more education is generally preferred.
- Strong understanding of business management and accounting principles.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.
Native Ltd – KMP-41666