The persons are expected to accomplish software requirements by developing and maintaining applications and databases.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, supervising, and managing specific IT projects and programme;
- Examining organisational and procedural practices and carrying out feasibility studies to establish the advantages and disadvantages of computerisation;
- Specifying system requirements, designing the system according to user requirements, system testing, and modifying system design as necessary;
- Specifying the structure for software design and implementing programs by converting logical flow charts to language that can be processed by a computer;
- Creating and applying the testing phase to programs and modifying the programs as necessary, eliminating program errors;
- Writing documentation of program development, and subsequent revisions;
- Writing reports, program descriptions, interpretation of test results and user guides of the in-house / be-spoke developed software;
- Implementation of system backup procedures;
- Reviewing and documenting software failures and taking corrective action as directed;
- Ensuring security and integrity of all systems and data;
- Troubleshooting any problems related to software malfunctions and installation problems; and
- Undertaking any other duties as assigned by superiors.
Must possess (at a minimum):
- An IT certification (or equivalent) classified at MQF 6 from an educational institution recognised by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education;
- Good command of the English language;
- Qualifications at a higher level than that specified above will be accepted for eligibility purposes, provided they meet any specified subject requirements;
- Prospective applicants should note the requirement to produce MQRIC recognition statements in respect of their qualifications from MQRIC, or other designated authorities, as applicable, as per provisions applicable to this call for applications;
- Clean police conduct.
The successful candidates will benefit from, inter alia:
- A salary commencing at €25,425 rising by annual increments subject to a positive employee performance review;
- Flexible working arrangements, a health insurance policy, policies to support further study and family-friendly measures.
JobsPlus permit number 137/2020 / JobsPlus vacancy number 358726.
National Statistics Office – KMP-53775