Job Permit No: 248/2019
The National Commission for Further and Higher Education would like to notify the general public that the following vacancy has arisen – Head of Legal.
- Providing authoritative legal advice on particular projects, programmes or initiatives, including drafting of laws and contracts, updating of legislation and reviewing policy issues;
- Providing technical legal advice to Management on all matters relating to legal procedures of whatever nature;
- Assessing the legal impact of function which fall within the remit of the NCFHE suggesting amendments thereto which would facilitate speedier handling of procedures;
- Drafting legislation, regulations, rules and policies, procedures, drafting and vetting of contracts as required;
- Advising Management of the potential implications of new laws, regulations, procedures and contracts or changes to the existing;
- Dealing with correspondence and matters in which points of law are involved;
- Maintaining appropriate records relating to legal work and cases;
- Conducting research work, drawing up reports and making oral and written representations as required in his/her field of work;
- Assisting in Court or arbitration procedures;
- Overseeing any other legal work;
- Performing the duties of legal consultant to NCFHE management as required.
National Commission For Further And Higher Education – KMP-39055