Mvintage is expanding its team and we want you to be a part of it! We would love to get to know you. Join our team in both Malta and Gozo.
Mvintage is a Maltese jewellery brand that is built on the foundation of three core values: women, family and fashion. Our jewellery is infused with symbolism so that each woman can create her own personal narrative with the pieces she combines.
Overall aim of the position
The overall aim of this position is to find a team player, who under the supervision of the Store Manager, will help in achieving store sales targets. The individual will be responsible for various important tasks necessary for maintaining store standards, ensuring all collections are merchandised according to set guidelines.
Duties and responsibilities
- Greeting customers who enter the shop.
- Be involved in stock control and management.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Stocking shelves with merchandise.
- Answering queries from customers.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the manager.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
- Balancing cash registers with receipts.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean.
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints.
- Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
- Pricing merchandise on the shop floor.
- Responsible for security within the store and being on the lookout for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of stock.
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
Knowledge and Experience required / Person specification
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience in a similar position.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Mvintage – KMP-61130