Momentum Pensions Group is one of the world’s leading international pensions providers and operates through four entities in Malta, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man and the United Kingdom. The company is currently seeking to employ an Accounts Officer in its Malta division.
We have a strong focus on our practices, people, products and technology, continuous improvement and innovation set us apart. Supported by a flexible and dynamic approach, we build enduring business relationships that deliver.
With a clear focus on technology and innovation backed by a strong set of values, we evolve our services to ensure our offering is as robust tomorrow as it is today.
By continually enhancing our expertise we lead the pensions market and are renowned for building long-term client relationships founded on dependable specialist support.
The company is looking for a highly motivated and responsible individual to join the existing Finance team. The selected candidate will be assigned to carry out a wide range of tasks relative to both the company and trust accounts whilst supporting the finance team in the day-to-day tasks.
We are a progressive company offering flexible starting / finishing hours, along with the ability to work from home if appropriate.
- Be involved in the preparation of monthly management accounts for various jurisdictions including the preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments, keeping of fixed asset registry and preparing and posting the various journals required
- Be involved in the preparation of the trust accounting and regulatory reporting
- Help in the preparation and submission of regulatory returns
- Responsible for accounts receivable by analysing the member’s position and withdrawing trust fees from the member’s investment company
- Responsible for dealing with any issues pertaining to trust members
- Provide support during the company’s audits
- Preparing daily bank and client reconciliations
- Processing electronic transfers and payments in relation to clients
- Maintain the company’s accounting records and financial files
- Liaising with other departments and responding to ad-hoc queries
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate would be someone who is partly or fully qualified (ACCA qualification, B. Accountancy (Hons) or equivalent) and has worked for at least 3 years in Accountancy, ideally in financial services. However, if you do not meet every single requirement but you are excited about this role, the company will consider as well candidates who have the right attitude to work and be willing to learn and progress in their role.
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicate clearly and professionally at all levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel
- Good team player
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet strict deadlines
Training and development
The Company is committed to the continuous learning and development of all staff to enable people to develop individual skills and realise their full potential as part of the team. You will receive in-depth training from team members, relevant virtual training, and workshops as appropriate. The various training sessions will be structured to introduce you to different tasks and progress gradually over time whilst having the daily support of your colleagues and line manager.
Here at Momentum Pensions, we believe in a work culture where equality and diversity are important and people are valued, respected and know that they matter. We treat all people equally when recruiting, training, promoting and in our day-to-day work.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience and qualification is being offered to the right candidate. Other Company benefits offered include annual discretionary performance-based bonuses, private medical insurance and an employer staff pension scheme.
Momentum Pensions Malta Limited – KMP-74602