Jobsplus Permit 621/2020
The ever-evolving landscape of cyber threats presents growing challenges that require individuals with a keen interest in information security. MITA is seeking for a dynamic, motivated and skilled individual to work within its Security Governance team that forms part of the Information Security and Governance department to fulfil the role of Analyst. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Agency’s governance, risk management and compliance efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with MITA teams to review and update relevant information security policies and procedures applicable to MITA and the Government of Malta;
- Perform compliance checks on MITA’s ICT infrastructure, processes and documentation to verify adherence to controls defined within related policies and procedures;
- Assist in conducting security risk assessment to proactively identify security risks, assessing their impact and suggest compensating controls to effectively mitigate these risks;
- Support team members during various internal and external audit processes for relevant certifications and compliance requirements such as ISO27001;
- Conduct security-focused training sessions;
- Participate collaboratively as a team member and also independently, on various projects.
This position is ideal for a person who is seeking to form part of a dynamic team with a can-do attitude and possesses strong communication, problem-solving and leadership skills. Adaptability, attention to detail and a continuous learning mindset are also important. The candidate should be a team player and also interested in using state-of-the-art technologies to work more efficiently.
Prior exposure in areas relating to information security policy management, international information security standards and information security risk management will be considered an asset.
The successful candidate is expected to hold either of the following set of qualifications and / or experience:
- An ICT-related diploma (MQF level 5); Or
- An ICT-related diploma (MQF level 4) together with one year of experience in an ICT-related area; Or
- Two years experience in an ICT-related area.
Students about to graduate may be offered an employment opportunity subject to the provision of final results.
Candidates’ qualifications, experience and competencies will be assessed in line with the Agency’s Career Progression framework. Successful candidates may be engaged at either the Associate level – career level 2, the standard level – career level 3 or the Senior level – career level 4. This depends on the level of competency shown during the interview.
Eligible candidates must also fulfil the following criteria here.
MITA provides equal opportunities.
We invest in your future.
MITA – KMP-85239