Jobsplus Permit Number 305/2021
We are seeking to employ a Consultant to work within the National Cybersecurity Coordination Team at MITA. The role requires the successful candidate to assist in the building, maintenance and promotion of the national cybersecurity community and other cybersecurity initiatives within a national and EU context.
The candidate will be receiving direction from, and reporting to, the Manager of the National Cybersecurity Coordination team.
What is the remit of the National Cybersecurity Coordination team?
- Engage and interact with the industry, the public sector, the academic and research communities and citizens to build up a national cybersecurity community
- Act as contact point at the national level to support the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre in Bucharest
- Provide expertise and contribution to the strategic planning activities of the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre
- Promote and disseminate outcomes of the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre at a national level
- Advocate and promote involvement by national entities in the activities arising from the European Cybersecurity Competence Centre
- Assist requests by national entities to form part of the EU Cybersecurity Competence Community
- Provide technical assistance to national stakeholders in their submissions to Horizon Europe and Digital Europe cybersecurity calls
- Promote and disseminate cybersecurity educational programmes
- Implement specific actions for which EU grants, including cascading funds, have been awarded as a National Coordination Centre
- Oversee the implementation of the National Cyber Security Awareness Campaign, Cyber Security Malta
The role requires basic knowledge of Information Security principles in view of cooperation required with the public sector, academic and research communities, the industry and at an EU level on the cybersecurity domain. Coupled with organisational skills, this will enable the coordination of internal and external stakeholders towards a common objective, under the direction of the Manager.
Eligible candidates must hold either of the following qualifications and / or experience in ICT
- An ICT qualification (MQF Level 7) or higher and 5 years’ experience in ICT, three of which must be at a leadership / senior technical level; or
- An ICT qualification (MQF Level 6) and 6 years’ experience in ICT, three of which must be at a leadership / senior technical level; or
- Ten years’ experience in ICT, three of which must be at a leadership / senior technical level
MITA provides equal opportunities.
We invest in your future.
Submit a detailed CV, together with a covering letter, scanned copies of certificates and the names of two referees and their email addresses by not later than the 22nd October 2021 via the apply now button below.
MITA – KMP-65041