Our client operates within the marine sector and is currently seeking to recruit a Marine Maintenance Manager to join their team.
The candidate will be required to perform the following duties:
- Ensuring adherence to company policies / procedures, safety and security procedures, and professional and trade standards;
- Showing an energetic and positive attitude and willingness to change and develop as requirements of assigned tasks dictate;
- Responsibility for daily assignments and overall coordination of employees to ensure maximum performance, efficiency and quality of functions;
- Organising effectively and assignment to hourly trade employees such that safety, quality, schedule and cost objectives are met;
- Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, streamlining work processes, and working cooperatively to provide quality.
- Following and issuing verbal and/or written instructions whilst being knowledgeable of safe work practices;
- Willing to work as necessary to support production needs; and,
- Assigning and measuring daily production goals whilst providing technical expertise, mentoring and motivating the crew.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A combination of five years working experience consisting of structural shipyard construction experience;
- Experience in welding and fabrication of heavy steel pieces in a shipyard environment;
- Knowledge of installation, commissioning and service of marine mechanical equipment and electrical systems;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Good organizational, presentation and communication skills, both orally and in writing; and,
- Ability to interact with various levels of employees in the organization.
MISCO Consulting Limited – KMP-57421