MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Training Support Officer (Horizontal) for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support the Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Training Support Officer will support the EUAA operations and have the following tasks:
- Participate in organising, registering and delivering training activities, under the coordination of the EUAA Training and Planning Programming sector;
- Contribute to training needs analysis on the ground, in close consultation with the Country Operations and EUAA Training Planning and Programming sector;
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports on training activities (e.g. reporting on trainers’ activities; separate reporting on ad-hoc training including recommendations);
- Coordinate with different stakeholders on the ground in preparations and delivery of EUAA training;
- Participate in regular meetings between the EUAA Training Planning and Programming sector and the relevant representatives from the Operational Support Centre;
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant to the specific profile.
- University degree is required, preferably in the field of political science, humanitarian studies, international studies, social studies or psychology;
- Previous field experience in the field of asylum and / or reception, for at least 2 years;
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills;
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of team;
- Mobility and flexibility to go for potential numerous missions outside of the place of employment;
- Proficiency in English (written and oral);
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web-based applications.
- Post-graduate degree in the field of law, field of political science, humanitarian studies, international studies, social studies, psychology;
- Proficiency in any other language of MS where the EUAA is operationally present;
- Previous experience in EUAA operations;
- EUAA or other training in specific aspects of the reception and asylum procedure e.g. vulnerability, communication and information provision, Dublin, registration etc. will be an advantage;
- Previous experience in delivering training sessions, including virtual training.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- The ability to prioritise work and deliver under pressure;
- The ability to work under minimal supervision on multiple tasks;
- Strong service-oriented attitude and flexibility;
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills;
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills;
- Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of the mission and organisation of EUAA;
- Attention to confidentiality and integrity.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €40,963.92 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday 4th of October 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-75987