MGR Human Resources Ltd, a member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire an Information Provision for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- To support AWAS in their responsibility to follow-up with vulnerable applicants for international protection from a social work perspective;
- Assess vulnerabilities and special reception needs of the assigned service users;
- Support in designing individualized social plans for the assigned service users;
- Conducting meetings and interviews with service users and their families to assess and review their situation;
- Organising and managing packages of support to enable service users to lead the fullest lives possible;
- Undertake and write up assessments that meet specified standards and timescales;
- Compile social reports related to casework management of the assigned service users and be responsible that the files are kept up-to-date and perfectly in order;
- Perform first screening of possible vulnerable persons at first arrivals;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to refer clients to relevant services, as appropriate;
- Actively work in cooperation with different ministries, entities and non-governmental organizations;
- Participating in AWAS Care team meetings or other requested meetings;
- Ensure adherence to standards of care within the relevant quality framework;
- Ensure legislation, national standards and guidelines are being followed;
- Consults with the unit’s leader in resolving issues and problems which are of a sensitive and / or strategic nature;
- Coordinates and communicates with other members of staff as necessary;
- Keeps up to date with new developments in the area of EU affairs and the welfare of asylum seekers as well as related technologies and methodologies;
- Keeps up to date with the latest projects and initiatives undertaken by AWAS and by EASO;
- Attend supervision sessions, as per direction from AWAS unit leader;
- Participate in meetings organised by the EASO Measure Coordinator or Field Coordination Support Officer;
- Perform all tasks in coordination and cooperation with the National Reception authority and with EASO Measure Coordinator and Field Coordination Support Officer;
- Attend requested training;
- Report on a regular basis, as per National and per EASO reporting systems;
- Performs other job-related duties as necessary or as assigned by the National Reception authority and / or the EASO Field Coordination Support Officer and the Measure Coordinator.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social work is required for this role;
- Relevant post-graduate degree and / or specialization on migration or child protection will be considered advantageous;
- Holding a social work warrant in Malta or being willing to start the process to acquire it;
- Previous experience in first-line activities with applicants for international protection with a focus on minors and other vulnerable groups will be considered advantageous;
- Good knowledge of the legal international and European framework regarding international protection and the Common European Asylum System;
- Good knowledge of countries of origin of asylum seekers in Malta and of the Maltese migration context considered will be considered advantageous;
- Good intercultural and communication skills and cultural awareness;
- Fluent in English (oral and written);
- Being flexible and able to work in different settings with the capability to work in multi-disciplinary teams in a multi-cultural environment;
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions and managing time and resources efficiently;
- Being able to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Experience in working under pressure by keeping strict deadlines and managing multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of internet and web-based applications;
- International experience would be considered as advantageous.
The position falls into two hierarchical categories, Category III and Category IV. The associated salary for Category III is €30,453.48 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments. The associated salary for Category IV is €38,985.12 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday, 25th of May 2021.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-60088