MGR Human Resources Ltd, a member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are currently seeking to recruit a Registration Assistant – Interim Support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in International Protection Agency and SAFI Barracks, Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support the registration and lodging of applications for international protection by filling in the appropriate forms, and following related tasks according to guidelines and standard operating procedures;
- Support the front desk’s daily activity at Malta’s International Protection Agency and assist with asylum-related procedural tasks;
- Provide applicants with detailed information on the registration process, the asylum procedure, their rights and obligations, and the rights and benefits emanating from international protection either in-person or via email;
- Support the issuance of protection certificates to beneficiaries of protection according to established procedures and guidelines;
- Support the preparation of end of protection or discontinuation of application decisions based on templates;
- Perform quality checks of registration and lodging forms of applications for international protection;
- Fill in the referral template and send it to the focal point in the team for all cases where there are vulnerability indicators;
- Implement data entry / registration of asylum claims and upload scanned documents into the relevant national databases;
- When necessary, act as a focal point in support of Flow Managers in relation to the scheduling of registrations / lodging and interviews;
- Support the on-boarding of newcomers;
- Support voluntary relocation-related activities and the registration of applications for temporary protection;
- Provide regular analytical and statistical feedback on activities, services provided and challenges;
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant to the specific profile.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma;
- Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least one year;
- A degree in Law, International Relations, International Law, Political or Social Science is advantageous;
- Good understanding of Malta’s migration and asylum context;
- Knowledge of the Common European Asylum System;
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar tasks will be an advantage;
- Thorough knowledge of English (at least C1 according to CEFR);
- Computer literacy, including MS Office applications (SharePoint, Word, Excel);
- Flexibility and fast adaptability to challenges in the field;
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills.
The position falls in hierarchical category II and the associated salary is Eur 26,147.04 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Tuesday 14th of February 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-79040