MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are currently seeking to recruit a Project Assistant for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta (with possible missions to the Western Balkan region or the EU+).
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Providing financial and administrative support during the implementation of project activities.
- Supporting organization of meetings, conferences, workshops, inter alia by: drafting invitation letters; the procurement of venues and catering (liaising with the contractor and colleagues managing the corresponding events Framework Contract, maintaining an overview of services, drafting order forms); requesting interpretation and translation services; preparing meeting documentation, agendas, tools and folders for participants, and attendance lists; assisting with minute taking; handling the layout of documents and checking the formal quality of documents.
- Providing support in drafting of administrative files and basic statistics.
- Assisting with the monitoring and reporting on budget expenditure, maintaining financial project files and records, archiving financial/administrative related project documentation.
- Managing functional mailboxes and communicate with external stakeholders on administrative matters.
- Providing support with mission preparation for staff members, filing and archiving of documents.
- Supporting with other administrative and financial tasks, such as: providing support with reimbursement of participants to activities; assisting EUAA staff in processing all financial transactions by acting as Data Entry Agent in ABAC and Paperless (EUAA’s financial and administrative tools); assisting with receiving goods and services from external and internal suppliers, maintaining records, checking completeness of financial files, including supporting documents attached to claims, invoices and requests for payments; supporting with audit tasks (incl. preparations and follow-up of external audits).
- Perform any other task as requested in the interest of the service as assigned by line manager or team leader or project officers.
- At least 1 years’ experience in a project assistant/administrative and financial support role in a larger office environment of 50+ people (might be substituted by comparable experience); Experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent communicative skills and personal presentation; Proficient command of the English language (C1 spoken and written).
- Ability to use electronic office equipment and applications (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, electronic communication, internet etc.).
- Well organized and able to plan well; Ability to multitask, prioritise and take the initiative as to the course of action.
- Service-minded attitude and capable to work in a team and communicate accordingly.
- Efficient in the manner duties are performed, accurate and attentive to detail; Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision,
- Work experience on issues related to migration and asylum, international cooperation, project management.
- Languages spoken in the Western Balkan region on B1 level.
Post-secondary education attested by a diploma OR Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least one year OR College Education.
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €33,475.68 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Friday, 27th of January 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-78934