MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire an ICT Support Officer for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in Nicosia or Pournara (Cyprus) with frequent visits to other EASO field locations.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support the Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Assist directly EASO colleagues, providing ICT support and troubleshooting their ICT related requests either by chat, telephone, e-mail or in-person in a professional and friendly manner.
- Follow the IT Service Management processes, work instructions and other relevant items related to the provision of a well-established and perceived service desk.
- Efficiently handle ICT related issues assigned to the 1st level support using the means available.
- Track and update issues in the ICT service desk ticketing system.
- Conduct field visits to assess the needs and solve issues in the field locations.
- Monitor and report ICT issues and liaise with Head of Operations and ICT department, properly and appropriately escalate issues.
- Coordinate maintenance and keep up-to-date assets and inventory database, track needs and report to the Head of Operations.
- Create and manage workflows for the digitalization of files.
- Install hardware and software components, updates, workstations, peripherals, desk and mobile phones, videoconferencing units, and logical unit support, while ensuring maintenance.
- Carry-out pre-deployment quality control for desktop and laptop platforms.
- Ensure comprehensive information security measures are applied to end-user devices, in accordance with EASO ICT procedures and policies.
- Assist with the coordination of technical support with external service suppliers and contractors.
- Collaborate and support the maintenance of the ICT archive and documentation, and in the operation of available ICT applications.
- Advise management on ICT related issues in the operational setting and draft proposals for solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree with certification in ICT.
- Demonstrated previous experience in an ICT support function.
- Knowledge of service management frameworks or experience in a service management oriented environment.
- Advanced use of English (both oral and written); fluent in Greek.
- Customer-oriented behaviour and friendly manners.
- Able to work under pressure with a solution-oriented attitude.
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills, experience in an international environment is an advantage.
- Ability to work as a member of the team; experience in leadership is an advantage.
- Strong representation skills.
- Mobility and flexibility to work in the different field locations.
- The position falls in hierarchical category III and the associated salary is €26,904 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments. The position also involves 21 days of annual leave, prorated depending on the employment starting date.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-59168