MGR Human Resources Ltd, a member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire a Communication Assistant (Ukrainian speaker) for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, support member states whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The Communication Assistant will be working for the European Union Asylum Agency (EUAA), with the following tasks:
- Draft, edit and proofread compelling content for the EUAA’s website, social media, publications, information products and other internal and external products, particularly in Ukrainian, but also in English as needed;
- Translate written materials into Ukrainian;
- Advise and provide input to the agency on products aimed at supporting Ukrainians / Member States support to Ukrainians, to best tailor such products to the intended audiences;
- Monitor the situation in Ukraine as well as the movement of people fleeing the war;
- Work with colleagues in the sector on different communication projects;
- Provide administrative support to the sector and unit, as required.
- Native command of the Ukrainian language, both written and spoken;
- Strong command of English, both written and spoken;
- Experience in communication. Such experience in an international environment would be considered an asset;
- Strong familiarity with / interest in the impact of the Russian invasion on Ukrainians seeking protection in the EU;
- Experience living and / or working in Ukraine, and therefore first-hand familiarity with the country and its society is an asset;
- Knowledge of, and interest in international protection and the EU;
- Experience in video editing and / or graphic design and / or script writing would be considered an asset but is not essential;
- Ukrainian nationals who possess the right to live and work in Malta are encouraged to apply.
The position falls in hierarchical category III and the associated salary is Eur 31,999.32 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Friday 23rd of September 2022.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-75686